-->

Abraham Lincoln Quotes About War

What would you do in my position? Would you drop the war where it is? Or, would you prosecute it in future, with elderstalk squirts, charged with rose water?~Abraham Lincoln

I wish to see, in process of disappearing, that only thing which ever could bring this nation to civil war.~Abraham Lincoln

I certainly know that if the war fails, the administration fails, and that I will be blamed for it, whether I deserve it or not. And I ought to be blamed, if I could do better. You think I could do better; therefore you blame me already. I think I could not do better; therefore I blame you for blaming me.~Abraham Lincoln


Read: Abraham Lincoln Quotes About America
Read: Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Believe

Both parties deprecated war; but one of them would make war rather than let the nation survive; and the other would accept war rather than let it perish. And the war came. ~Abraham Lincoln

If I had my way, this war would never have been commenced. If I had been allowed my way this war would have been ended before this.~Abraham Lincoln

[Uniting workers should not] lead to a war upon property, or the owners of property.~Abraham Lincoln

Let us, therefore, study the incidents of this [war], as philosophy to learn wisdom from, and none of them as wrongs to be revenged.~Abraham Lincoln


Read: Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Dark
Read: Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Future

In the present civil war it is quite possible that God's purpose is something different from the purpose of either party.~Abraham Lincoln

Remembering that when not a very great man begins to be mentioned for a very great position, his head is very likely to be a little turned, I concluded I am not the fittest person to answer the questions you ask.~Abraham Lincoln

So long as I have been here I have not willingly planted a thorn in any man's bosom.~Abraham Lincoln

Click to comment