-->

Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Power

In the hope that it may be no intrusion upon the sacredness of your sorrow, I have ventured to address you this tribute to the memory of my young friend, and your brave and early fallen child. May God give you that consolation which is beyond all earthly power.
~Abraham Lincoln

We want, and must have, a national policy, as to slavery, which deals with it as being wrong.
~Abraham Lincoln

And then, the negro being doomed, and damned, and forgotten, to everlasting bondage, is the white man quite certain that the tyrant demon will not turn upon him too?
~Abraham Lincoln

Now, and ever, I shall do all in my power for peace, consistently with the maintenance of government.
~Abraham Lincoln

The ballot is stronger than the bullet.
~Abraham Lincoln

I was losing interest in politics, when the repeal of the Missouri Compromise aroused me again.
~Abraham Lincoln


What I have done since then is pretty well known.
~Abraham Lincoln

Doubtless you begin to understand how disagreeable it is to me to do a thing arbitrarily, when it is unsatisfactory to others associated with me.
~Abraham Lincoln

He who does something at the head of one Regiment, will eclipse him who does nothing at the head of a hundred.
~Abraham Lincoln

I claim not to have controlled events, but confess plainly that events have controlled me.
I want in all cases to do right.
~Abraham Lincoln

The government will support you to the utmost of its ability, which is neither more nor less than it has done and will do for all commanders.
~Abraham Lincoln

There is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.
~Abraham Lincoln


This morning, as for some days past, it seems exceedingly probable that this Administration will not be re-elected.
~Abraham Lincoln

We cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract.
~Abraham Lincoln

These men ask for just the same thing—fairness, and fairness only. This, so far as in my power, they, and all others, shall have.
~Abraham Lincoln

The power confided in me will be used to hold, occupy and possess the property and places belonging to the government, and to collect the duties and imposts.
~Abraham Lincoln

If you falter, and give up, you will lose the power of keeping any resolution, and will regret it all your life.
~Abraham Lincoln

The power of hope upon human exertion, and happiness, is wonderful.
~Abraham Lincoln

Click to comment